Make a difference in someone’s life! Become a Shared Lives Carer today!
Shared Lives is a rewarding scheme that allows you to open your family and home to a person that requires support on a long or short term basis. The shared lives scheme supports individuals with a variety of needs, including those with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health issues. We offer support, guidance and training to assist you in caring for each individual person; including regular supervision, comprehensive person centred support plans for each individual and regular contact either face to face or via the telephone. You will be part of a progressive and supportive team that are offering competitive remuneration (£250-£400 per week plus housing benefits and other related costs).
Shared lives carers are ordinary people who lead extra ordinary lives.
You could become a Shared Lives carer if:
• You have a positive and caring attitude
• You have a spare room (not required if offering day care)
• You are flexible and willing to work from home
• You willing to invite someone into your family and home in a short or long term capacity
• You are over the age of 18
• You have, or are willing to be DBS checked
• You are self-motivated and are committed to promoting independence, wanting to make a difference to people’s lives
• You live within Hertfordshire
Our shared lives carers often tell us that joining shared lives was the best decision they have ever made. If you want to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
For more information please see www.guideposts.org.uk https://twitter.com/sharedlivesware
Please contact Guideposts Office on 01920 484946 to discuss the position or to register your interest. Alternatively, please click on the apply button below.